Washington D.C. // Part 1

I had the privileged to run my Aunts' Rainbow Wedding Network Rockville, MD wedding expo at the Rockville Crowne Plaza the other weekend. Like the Denver, CO show, it was a lot of fun! The hotel was great and the vendors and attendees were awesome!

I didn't get to document the hotel and expo this time like I'd wanted to, but I did capture lots and lots and lots of photos in Washington D.C. That's right...D.C.! It was only a 30 minute drive from the hotel to Washington D.C., so why the heck would I not visit such a great city?!?!

I visited D.C. on the most perfect day. The cherry blossom trees were in full bloom, the sun was shining brightly, a cool breeze was blowing to keep the heat at bay, and although the city was filled with tourists (such as myself)- everyone I met was extremely friendly. I cannot wait to take Sam (and my future kids) to visit this awesome history filled place one day!

Since I only had a single day in D.C. I mapped out my time as effectively as possible. I oooohed and aawwwwed the State Capital, walked over to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum, I walked on to the Smithsonian Natural History Museum to explore, saw the Washington Monument and reflecting pool, said hey from afar to the president while at the White House, stopped by to hang with my main man Lincoln at his memorial,  and paid my respects at the WWII Memorial, Vietnam War Memorial, and the Korean War Memorial. It was a packed day, but SO much fun!

My camera has about...ohhhh....only a gazillion photos from the single day I was in the city. Okay, so a gazillion is a total exaggeration. There really are a lot though, so I'm only posting my favorites. :)


2 comments

  1. Ahhh my city! :) LOVE the natural history museum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looooved D.C. SO much! It's so cool that you live there!!! I'm jealous :)

      Delete