Cowtown Coliseum // A Real Life Rodeo

When I think of Texas, I think of full blown- real life- spur-wearin'- horse ridin'- lasso tossin' cowboys. Let me tell ya folks.......cowboys are real. I've never seen a 'real' cowboy in person until we got to Texas. They're all over these Western parts! It's awesome. I don't understand why people here act like it's no big thing to see the cowboys herdin' livestock around (I'm not even sure if I'm saying that right in my head...). Texas makes me feel like I'm in a different country sometimes. The cowboys, the extreme state pride, the never ending flow of beer, tex-mex, and bar-b-que all really amaze me.

A couple weeks ago, Sam and I found out that the Cowtown Coliseum in the Stockyards District in Fort Worth has a weekly rodeo. ....ummm......weekly. RODEO. Rodeos still exist?! Have I been living under a rock or something?! Maybe. Did we even hesitate when deciding if we would go?! HELLS NAAAHHHH! We loaded up in the car and set out on the hour + drive to see some cowboys lasso those wild bulls. 

We decided to go all out and get VIP Box seats to be closer to the arena where the action happens. It was intense and definitely an extremely unique experience. The bulls were extra wild (and so cute) and the cowboys were even wilder with their bull riding skills. I was really sad when the lassoed baby cows, but I was really excited to see the cowgirls do the barrel racing. It was definitely a one-of-a-kind Texas experience.

When in Texas....see a rodeo. It SCREAMS Texas cowboy culture.  





No comments