Hello Autumn. // Goodbye Summer.

This summer was most definitely one for the books! I've never experienced so many consecutive 99-100+ degreed days in my life. It was HOT, but I tried my best to not let that slow me down. Some days I found myself couch potato-ing it with lack of motivation to get outdoors in the sweltering summer heat, so I used my 2014 summer manifesto to help get me up out of the sweet sweet air conditioning and out the doors to DO something.

This summer, Sam and I - went horseback riding, hiking, road tripping, kayaking, enjoyed live music, drank lots of beer, started an herb garden, killed an herb garden, found new delicious restaurants to stuff our faces at, explored new parks, found antique shop gems, worked our brains in art and history museums, and enjoyed sneaking into air conditioned places more than ever! The Texas heat didn't slow us down, but we definitely underestimated it. Our summer souvenirs include sunburn and dehydration. We'll be much more prepared next year. Bring it on 100 SPF sunscreen and camel-bak water packs!

September arrived with a bang! It's almost over and I have yet to find my bearings. The month began with a road trip to Palo Duro Canyons, ended with an awesomely busy Dallas wedding expo, and sandwiched in between was a Kubota family picnic at the Fort Worth Zoo, a visit from the GA parentals, and a road trip to Houston to host a wedding expo. Every weekend was jam packed with awesomeness and like most great days - they all flew by way too fast.

The summer was extremely fun, but now I am absolutely ready to throw myself into the loving cool weathered arms of Autumn.

Belated goodbye to you, Summer. It's been real.....real toasty.




No comments