Canyon, TX // Pit Stops & Horseback Riding

I've saved some of my most favorite parts of our trip to Canyon, TX for last. 

What fun is a road trip if you don't take advantage of awesome scenic sights on the side of the roads?!?! 

Or even better - if you find yourself on one of the original U.S. highways! Sam and I wandered in and out of music stores, art stores, and one delicious gelato cafe on historic route 66. (Checked off bucket list.)


On the way to the canyon, we stopped at Cadillac Ranch. I can check that off the bucket list too! (I have an infinitely long bucket list......it was nice to check a couple things off.) :-)

Horseback riding with Sam was my all time favorite memory of from our trip. This memory is one for the books and locked in for life. We were both nervous about getting on a horse, especially when we saw the hill the zillion foot drop we had to go down to get to the bottom of the canyon. I didn't get pictures of this drop - I was holding on to my horse, Lily, for dear life - I think my knuckles skippe the white coloring and turned purple from my death grip on the saddle. [My thoughts: {HOLY SHEESH DUDE!!??!!!??? We're supposed to get down that cliff on a HORSE?! Don't we need rock climbing equipment?! Where's my harness?!}] Sam and I had a good laughs from our horseback riding anxieties - good news is we made it down and back up that "hill" in one piece. ;-) It was quite the adventure and the horse back riding hosts were incredible. We learned SO much about the canyon and got to see it from a completely different angle. 

{ Side Note: I have conquered my fear of riding horses and now want to take horseback riding archery lessons. I envision myself as Katniss on a horse. }

No comments