New Year's Resolutions // 2015

This year I decided to keep my resolutions simple. No pressure - no extreme deadlines - no rules - simple. I chose two words for my resolution. Something that's not just for the year 2015....something that will better my life....something I need to work on regardless of what time of year it is.

Habits & Routines.

My husband thrives off of routines and his routines are pretty dang healthy. Every week day morning - he makes himself eggs and a green smoothie at 7:00 a.m., in the afternoons he walks home from work at 4:30 p.m., around 5:00 p.m. he puts together his lunch (usually a salad) for the next day.  Where I don't think I could ever be that precise, because that's just not how my brain functions - I envy him and would love to build some good routines in my life.

Since moving to Texas, I've let some of my healthier habits and routines slip...and have started some not so great habits.

Paleo....what's that?

Fresh morning veggie juice.....what....that's a thing?

Daily Walks....I walk to my car to go somewhere.....that's walking...right?

Coffee....oh yes. I need this to survive....I need this to get through my mornings....I can't do anything until coffee....

Laundry......welll....I never had a laundry routine to start with...who am I kidding (as I look at the three large piles of clothes on my bedroom floor) - I need a laundry routine.

Yoga & Meditation....I think I remember doing that.....

It's high time I clean up my act....like a little spring cleaning of my life. I'll start small and keep it realistic and obtainable.

Each month I will work on one habit and one routine.

So far...so good.

January -
Routine: Waking up early every morning (Sometime between 6:30 a.m. & 7:00 a.m.) - no more hitting snooze until 7:50 a.m. and then running around like a crazy person to make it to the office by 8:30 a.m.

Habit: Eat a healthy whole breakfast - actually take the time to make something healthy and then to sit down and eat it. No more running out the door with a banana that I never actually eat until lunch time.

I'm off to a good start and I know I can keep it up. See - simple, realistic, and obtainable. :-)

Cheers!




No comments