Gal Pal Adventure // NYC - Memories & Margaritas

My most favorite memory from the trip is the most random.

There we were exploring the Tribeca area of NYC.

So. Much. Walking. We walked and walked and walked...and then walked some more. Which was great! We were enjoying the sights so much we didn't even realize how much we were walking. Let me tell you though, I hit 20,000 steps on my fitbit by 2:00 p.m. Then the battery died. Who knows how many steps we ended up with by the end of the day...maybe a million?! ;-)

It was late afternoon and we happened to walk by this little hole in the wall mexican restaurant called Papatzul. They had this sign....saying that is was happy hour.......with margaritas. Who are we to turn down a delicious margarita or two or five or maybe even seven (I can't remember...), especially during happy hour?!

The restaurant was narrow with wooden floors, small wooden tables, and vibrant colors on all of the walls. Maybe it was the vibe of the place, maybe it was my feet thanking me for finally taking a break, or maybe it was the company I was with, but as soon as we walked in and got our seats I felt so comfortable, relaxed, and at peace. There were a few people sitting at the table next to ours who were extremely friendly and boisterous. After quite a few run-ins with New Yorkers who were clearly SO over tourists (I can't blame them..), it was refreshing to talk to folks who wanted nothing more than to have a good time and actually included us in the fun!

We drank the best margaritas, chowed down on chips, salsa, and guacamole, reminisced on all of our years of friendship, talked about what our futures could hold (my friend Sarah was pregnant at the time - and was SUCH a champ throughout the whole trip), chatted about our current lives and what our most favorite part of New York City had been thus far. We laughed about everything and nothing. We didn't have a care about anything in that moment except simply enjoying the time we were spending together and it was fabulous. Beyond fabulous. I wish I could go back to that moment and enjoy it all over again!

It's the littlest things that can bring the most happiness. This moment of time was my very favorite out of all of the time in the city. I wouldn't trade this memory for the world. :-)


No comments