Good-Bye 27 // Hello 28!

My 28th birthday was almost two weeks ago. {I know, I know. I'm late!}

I am 28 years old and now 30 is creeping up quickly.

I remember when I thought 30 was so far away and now it's right around the corner. Where has the time gone?!

This past year was filled with moments that I will remember forever and ever. It was tough, but I've narrowed down the list to 27 of the most special moments from this past year (since last August).

I have exactly 717 days left in my 20s and I can't wait to fill them with even more magic! 



27 Moments From My 27th Year

...August 2015...when I came home from a company soft ball game and randomly took a pregnancy test...really for no other reason than I found it way back in our bathroom closet....and found out I was over 8 weeks pregnant. Wowzers! What a moment!

...that moment I told Sam I was pregnant....oh happy day!

...when Sam and I heard our baby's heart beat for the first time. That was special. THAT was magic.

...when Sam and I went to the doctor and got to SEE our baby for the very first time. That was surreal. Seeing the baby in my belly made it more real that we were parents. (and every other time I got to hear Hardin's heart beat or see him squirming around)

...Sam was such a trooper during my 'tired' phase (the entire pregnancy). I know this isn't a specific moment, but there are too many stories from Sam taking care of me that I can't just narrow it down to one that trumped over all. He gave 110% all the time!

...going to Asheville, NC to spend time with my family (though I do wish it were because of better circumstances).

...when some of our besties (the Lykins!) spent a whole weekend with us here in Texas!

...driving to get breakfast with the Lykins....where the restaurant had an hour wait...so we drove around and ended up at a Denny's that was 30 minutes away from our house (when we had a Denny's less than a mile down the street from our house). HA!

....when some of our other besties (Court & Andrew) spent a whole weekend with us here in Texas last fall!

...spending an entire day at the Texas state fair with Court & Andrew - and then laughing SO hard at some of the pictures we got from the day later that evening.

...picking out that perfect pumpkin at the Grapevine pumpkin patch with my main fella...

...spending Christmas with Sam in our first house. <3

...when my mom and sister came to visit me while I was around 25 weeks pregnant. It's always nice when mom and sister visit!

...decorating the nursery with my mom and sister.

...putting the crib together with Sam. That was quite the adventure!

...celebrating Hardin with a baby shower thrown by my Lane co-workers. They are THE best!

...being in labor for 45 hours. I'll definitely remember that.

...when the doctors told me I was going to feel some pressure....and then hearing Hardin's screams for the first time! MAGIC I tell ya! The BEST day ever!

...The moment I knew my life had changed forever. There was no going back and I sure as hell wouldn't change it for the world...the moment I saw Hardin for the first time...he was in Sam's arms. I think my heart exploded, pieced back together, and the exploded again...and again...and again.

...finally holding my baby for the first time. Rubbing his sweet face and showering him with love. <3

...Sam taking care of me after my c-section. Again, he gave 110% the whole time. What an amazing fella!

...adjusting to life at home with a baby...that's an on going adventure...

...spending LOTS of time with my sister. I loved every single one of her visits. Please come back, Sarah!

...Hardin meeting his uncles, aunts, and cousin Opal for the first time. The whole family was excited for this!

...everytime Lady and Xander would sniff my belly and give it a lick - almost like they were giving Hardin a kiss - so sweet! My heart would melt (that happened a lot while I was pregnant).

...everytime my mom came to visit after having Hardin :-)

...and my most favorite....watching Hardin grow. Being his mom is pretty great. Scratch that. It's THE BEST THING IN THE WHOLE WORLD!






No comments